Tech Troopers for the not-Mechanicus Warband

 

These 5 figures from Wargames Factory were put together a very long time ago (I'm not going to say 10 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was about that long ago) and are finally done. I'm going to once more try to finish off things that are partially painted this year and this we're off to agood start (along with this figure on the WarGods blog).

These are all made with parts from the Greatcoat Shock Troopers with a third party techy backpack. The heavy weapon guy has a big zapper from some other plastic kit with some other bits. 

I went with a fast and simple paint scheme for the squad. I don't usually go for batch painting, but for these guys I made an exception. 

On their left shoulder pads I wanted it to look like a sort of futuristic barcode for identification. 

I considered doing a fancy design around the bottom of the coats but decided it would be too much trouble. Instead I went with the simple red trim.


Their right shoulder pads got some random color marking that probably means something, but I just wanted some different colors that match with some of the previously painted not-Mechanicus figures. For their eyes I went with the blue to contrast with their coats and armor. 

It's been quite some time since I've gotten the whole group of the painted figures together. There are more to come and they look good together. Maybe these guys will be a bigger focus of building and painting this year...

Comments

Popular Posts