Two "BB"-Style Droids

When "The Force Awakens" came out I really wanted a BB-8 droid in 28mm. I started searching for beads or marbles or styrofoam balls almost immediately to use in a scratchbuild/ conversion. It took quite some time to find something that looked right, and now the first two are done. They're both very simply the plastic bead with a plastic GW Adeptus Mechanicus head from some kit. 

Here's the black and red one.

And here's the green and yellow one. 

I think they turned out fine but I'm not as happy with them as I hoped. There needs to be a better way to get the circles and other details on the body than just freehand painting. I guess it's back to the drawing board before I make any more of them. 

Above- with a sexy lady droid from Antenociti's Workshop. Below- with the 'Cosmic Party Girl' a Reaper mini.


Above- with the ever Wandering Techpriest. Below- with a predatory Killbot from Diehard Miniatures.

Comments

Popular Posts