Orangutan Cyborg "Orangutango"

So this guy has been on the painting table primed for about 10 years (roughly since it came out and my FLGS ordered it for me). It was his time to be finished up.

When I saw the previews of him, I was looking for additional Jokaero-like figures and this guy sort of looked like that. After he was primed I decided that he wouldn't work as good as a Jokaero because the other figures in that role are all wielding weapons as cyber-implants. 

When I took him back up to paint this week I decided to get rid of the round lipped (I really don't like those) 40mm base he was on and get him onto one of the recent assembled UV resin bases- this time a's 30mm.base, but I think the pole he's hanging onto looks better as part of the spaceship rubble that matches the Dysprosian Brotherhood (where the earlier Jokaero conversions live). 

The colors for him are basic orangutan colors, but with some cybernetic cables. I like how his fur came out with the different tones.

Now for lots of comparison pictures. First up he is seen with some of the Monkey Miniatures guys.


Next let's take a look at how he stacks up with the aforementioned Jokaero conversions. While his base style matches them I'm not sure he'll actually become an official member of the family...

This one shows him with a human-sized space piratey guy and a Space Marine.


Finally, the team-up we didn't realize we needed in these trying times- the cyber-orang and the cyber-pig. This would be the greatest buddy action film since one of the better Laurel and Hardy movies...

Comments

Popular Posts