Space Librarian and Robot Assistants (Astropolis)
This trio has been partially painted for more years than I care to admit. And now they're done and they look ready to shush people in their space library...
I loved the look of the robot librarians during the Kickstarter for the second Astropolis, as well as most of the other figures in that campaign. I started out on this red guy alongside the Librarian, but then I got bogged down trying to figure out the colors to use.
This blue guy was recently cleaned and attached to a matching base (these bases are from some other Kickstarter, or maybe Indie-gogo) mere days ago. I finally decided that getting all three of these minis ready to paint might help spark some imagination for the colors. Plus, that would definitely help me make sure the bases would match perfectly.
There are several quasi-Mechanicus folks from the second Astropolis Kickstarter, and the Librarian is only the first I will paint. He was another reason the original attempt to finish the bot stalled out. He's got lots of wires and different techy bits that seemed overwhelming at the time. With the blue bot ready to go, it did help me get into the groove of painting. I had to give the Librarian some face paint that rhymes with some of the Beyond the Gates of Antares Freeborn minis because I like that look. Also, the Librarian's face is a little oddly shaped and the facepaint makes it look better to me.


















Comments
Post a Comment