Five More Fakaero (Monkey Miniatures)
The last five fun little resin simians with lasguns from Monkey Miniatures are finally completed. They join the first five who were painted here and here some time ago. These new "Fakaero" (not-Jokaero from Rogue Trader) have been plaguing a compartment in one of my unbuilt miniature boxes for far too long. Late Saturday night, while looking for some specific miniatures and bits, I came across these guys and decided their time had come...
![]() |
| This guy's lasgun barrel came slightly bent. I tried the hot water trick, but it didn't completely fix the bend. It's barely noticeable, sadly, I'm the one who is noticing it. |
I cleaned them as thoroughly and quickly as I could so they could be glued to their bases. They've all got a slotta tab but it's under a tiny textured piece. Longtime readers may recall my disdain for integral bases, but these were not as cumbersome as most. I mixed up some thick texture paste with baking soda, small sand, Aleen's Tacky Glue,, and some thinned matte medium. I slopped it on with an olde paintbrush to make the transition as invisible as I could, and I let them dry overnight.
![]() |
| Could this one be my favorite pose? |
Off and on throughout the day on Sunday, I painted them in an assembly line focused on drybrushing different browns, yellows, and oranges. Then a wash followed by picking out some of the details (mainly the eyes and techy armbands) finished them off. Five minis to a tabletop standard in about 24 hours, I am a little impressed with myself.
![]() |
| The Fakaero guy on the right is one of the originals, painted several moons ago. |
Now there is only one of the guys from this specific Kickstarter left, the seated pilot version. I don't think he'll get painted up anytime soon.












Comments
Post a Comment