Iron Golem, But More Sci-Fi

I've wanted to make this Reaper Bones mini into more of a sci-fi miniature. It's very big and I kept burying it under other Bones minis until I recently found some small-scale chain.


Over a dark grey undercoat, I built up a couple of different metallic paints. I went with a touch of a bronze on a couple of armor plates. For the faceplate I did a dark blue then used a blue-purple metallic color shifting paint.



Aside from adding the hanging chains on to the shoulder pads, I used some plastic rod to act as antennae and 'smokestacks' on the back.


Above, the Iron Golem with two of our normal size comparison minis- Raging Heroes Jailbird and Primaris Marine. Below, we have a couple of bigger figures who are dwarfed next to the Iron Golem- Ghar Battlesuit and Necromunda Ambot. 

The first miniature I could find of roughly similar height was this Bones dragon. 

Comments

Popular Posts