3 Ghar Battlesuits

 

From the Antares Cornucopia come the first completed Ghar Battlesuits! Before building these, I was not a fan of the three-legged monstrosities, they looked weird. But after snipping the parts for the first one off the sprue and putting it together, I fell in love with them. The posability of the arms and legs is mind blowing- and if you do just a tiny bit of cutting it's even more amazing (check out this cyborg conversion I made after building these three). While Fartok was put on the regular 40mm base and he looks fine, I decided these guys would look better on 50mm bases. I like how they look on these. Below we have Fartok on his tiny base with these bruisers...





This was probably the first one assembled, just to get a feel for the general battlesuit kit properties. For the painting, it took a bit of time deciding to go with something similar to the standards unintentionally established by the Fartok paintjob. But having set the suggestions on Fartok, I could bend things to get some hopefully interesting variations on each suit. 







This next guy was similarly built just to see what could be done with the kits. His paint scheme was again influenced by the Fartok paintjob with some random alterations.







Then came this guy. I wanted to give him a huge gun and had the weapons from the Algoryn skimmer left over so I thought "why not?" Well it's a huge chunk of metal onto a plastic figure, so gravity would need to be dealt with. Some pinning of the arm to the body and the gun to the arm helped my fears of stability. The pose of the rest of the body and legs helped even more. I wanted this guy to be a bit different to the others' paint schemes so I used a more greenish grey for some of the panels. I think this one is my favorite so far.




Here we have the standard size comparison minis- Raging Heroes Jailbird, GW Primaris Marine, and a Victoria Miniatures Highlander.

Above, we've got some different regularish 28mm figures- Monkey Miniatures guy, Baracudii conversion, and the recent Gundalf conversion. Below we have a few Antares figures- Freeborn Boromite, Freeborn Domari, and C3 Trooper.

Comments

Popular Posts