Marketplace Terrain

I needed some more terrain, because you can never really have enough terrain. So some random marketplace-type terrain that is meant mainly for use with WarGods but could also work for modern or sci-fi.

First up are 2 collections of big pottery. These are resin casts that I think I picked up from the Ainsty booth at GenCon sometime. Good for blocking some movement and providing some limited cover.
Tebbi and Blackclaw get ready to cause a ruckus in the marketplace to give a sense of scale...

This building was made from a Country Crock tub that has a pleasant slope to it. I've decided to call it the "crockhouse." It's mounted on a peel and stick floor tile that's been trimmed. THe door is my usual wooden coffee stirrer construction. On the roof is a grate from the Trash Bash Bits Kickstarter and a baloon holder plastic piece as the chimney. Some texture paint medium was used to get the crappy stucco sort of look.

Tebbi an Blackclaw prepare to raid the crockhouse for some scale comparison...

I like old dead CDs as terrain bases. Most of these are resin pieces from someplace I cannot remember. The two boxes in the back are from Reaper's Bones line of minis and the tall rippled pot is a crafting bead that I thought would look good as a pot.
Thebacks of both of the market stalls were simply smooth resin that really didn't look right to me- so I used some wooden coffee stirrers to make them look much more interesting.
The fruit in the crate out front was painted with some old Ral Partha fluorescent paint. I had to check it out with the UV flashlight and it's a really cool effect.

Here we have the Sleazy Merchant and his Goblin assassin assistant offering "the freshest fruit" in town.

Comments

Popular Posts