Antigravity Fishbowl with UV Resin

Even before I got into this UV-cure resin I wanted to do a conversion like this- a space fish thing in an anti-gravity fishbowl... with magnets!

The bits. Some GW plastic Mechanicus engine thing and a Chaos fish that I trimmed some of the spikes and stuff off. A couple lengths of DragonForge cables for- cables. And the base was on of my early UV resin attempts.

Below shows the brilliance of using magnets with UV resin. I originally planned to just glue the water and fish part to the antigrav "bowl" part but then it hit me that I could put a magnet in the resin and one in the bowl and then it would lessen the likelihood of any accidents during storage and transport.

The antigrav water effect was simply patient application of the UV resin in layers to give a good floating water look. The magnets are above in the center of the cog shape and below just under the fishes teeth.

One happy accident with the resin happened when the antigrav water was almost done. I realized it flowed off the main area of the water and was pooling on the surface I had it resting. I picked it up quickly and realized it was going to drip more so I hit it with the UV light and got what turned out to be a pretty neat little splash effect.

Comparison shots with the Governor and First Lady.

Here we see the antigrav fishtank with Sister Yozira (another fish thing but in an armored fishbowl).

Finally, the Crocodile Games Conventioneer figures with the antigrav fishbowl. They're probably discussing what to have for lunch...

Comments

Popular Posts