Ogre Space Pirate

 

I got a box of the Blackpowder Buccaneers for Underworlds. I don't play Underworlds so I decided a sci-fi conversion on the big ogre guy would be pretty cool. 


The first thing was to convert his flintlock pistol to some huge laser blaster thing. I used the same bit that Sir Brother Targus got mounted on his shoulder. I also added a mechanical thing to his head (for cybernetic brain enhancement) and a little targeter thing on his right shoulder. Not much conversion but enough to make him sci-fi. 



My first thought was to paint him up like the villain from the olde video game Space Ace. That at least gave the inspiration for his skin but I went another way for his fancy purple coat. For his boots I tried a blue suede effect that came out okay. 


There were several times I almost took him from the official base to a sci-fi base, but the details on this base were pretty nice so I left him where he was.

This guy is very large (he IS an ogre) so here are some comparison pictures with other miniatures. Below we have a Raging Heroes Jailbird and a Victoria Miniatures Trooper next t o the towering ogre guy.


Above we have a Primaris Marine and a Monkey Miniatures ape trooper. Below we have the ogre guy with two skittering Veermyn space ratmen.

And finally we have the space scarab ogre with the ogre space pirate- I don't think they are related. 


Comments

Popular Posts