More generic civilian minis? 1 Direction?

Wandering through Walgreen's the other day I came across these keychains with what appeared to be 28mm-ish figures...
 These are members of the boy band '1 Direction' whom I've heard of but thankfully not heard. There's another member who was not present in the mass of keychains. Lined up like this I'm reminded of that scene from "This Is Spinal Tap."

 Here they are out of their domes- the domes will be great for scifi and pulp lab equipment. With them out of the containers I started realizing they might be a bit taller than your average 28mm figure...

 Sure enough when I performed the lineup these guys are more 32/35mm scale than 28mm, but they could be football or basketball players or just really tall guys (I'm taller than most everyone I know so it's not too big a deal).

From left to right the figures used for comparison: Wargames Factory Shock Trooper, Hasslefree, Hunger Games rebased not-Clix, Hydra Miniatures Valkeeri, and finally a Griffin Miniatures Grey.
At a buck a figure I'm glad I ran across these and they'll be a good addition to the growing non-combatant population. PLUS 4 cool domes! So check out your local Walgreen's to see if they have any of these guys.

I'll have some pics of them when they'er rebased and repainted.

Comments

Popular Posts