Spire Warden Emelda

 

Joining the recent techno-feudal monster hunters (Duke Urbarra and Dame Fiona) is one of the heroes from Cursed City converted very slightly. She may also be used as an Inquisitrix.

I wanted her to have just a few subtle sci-fi elements because it's such a nice figure. She needed a cyber eye which was simple to do with some plastic rod. Her pistol holster and grenades came from one of the modern Necromunda kits and I think they fit in nicely with the sculpt. 



The first part to get painted was her sword. I had just seen the Rogue Hobbies video about painting prismatic swords and wanted to try it in this specific sword. I think it turned out pretty good, so I put some topcoat on it to protect it from any horrible painting accidents that might occur. That part was done for months before I finally got to the rest of her.

For the griffon head, I wanted to do something out of the ordinary from my normal painting. This was the next part to be finished. I now need to dig out one of the Reaper Bones griffon figures and paint it in this style. I think this may be my favorite part of the figure. 

The rest of her colors just sort of fell into place. The Cape and tabard started out a dark blue but I decided to mix 8n some lighter blues to keep it from being too dark. The symbol on her tabard is just some random freehand thing that was going to be an Inqisition "I" but morphed into something different to give her a more versatile role on the tabletop. I really like how she came out and need to get her into a game. 
 

Below we have a comparison shot with the other completed techno-feudal knights. Since her armor is clearly not power armor like the other two, I declared her a Warden of the Spires. The Wardens are genetically enhanced people with superior strength and durability so they do not need the limited power armor of the nobility.

Of course we need a comparison shot the usual miniatures (Victoria Highlander, Raging Heroes Jailbird, and a Primaris Marine. 

Finally we have the Spire Warden performing her duties by fighting a wandering monster that has found its way into the Spires.

Comments

Popular Posts