First Mini of 2020! Coterie of Discord First Member

The first finished miniature of 2020 is part of a new project- the Coterie of Discord! This is a figure from Privateer Press for their Iron Kingdoms rpg minis- Jhureen Hecatha, Satyxsis Raider.

Below are a few of the minis that will make up the members of this Coterie. Yes they're all female figures from various manufacturers. I haven't played any grimdark skirmish games in a very long time(like Inq28) but I love planning out warbands based on minis I've got or have converted. The Coterie of Discord is my take on a Chaos warband. 
To help tie these figures together,  they've all been rebased on the MicroArt Studios/Coolmini scenic bases. More on the bases below.
I don't know exactly what sort of rules I'd use for her, but the color scheme was partially inspired by someone who might shout "blood for the blood god."
I used some of the UV resin to fixate huge missing chunk along the top of her right shoulder pad. This figure has been in a box of stuff that I've been avoiding starting for years. I would pull her out and look at her for a few minutes every now and then. The miscast of that shoulder pad just seemed like too much of a hassle to deal with. But the magic of the UV resin made it so simple to fix.

She originally came with a slotted tab including a big rock under her right foot. I snipped off the tab and rock because I was very confident she'd fit well on this base with the steps. Pinning at least one of her feet made her pretty solid. The greenish runes or decoration on the top two steps doesn't look as bright in these pictures but her pose goes better than I could have hoped for.

Comments

Popular Posts